Setting spray and hairspray
How to Choose Your Hair Spray
How to Choose Your Hair Spray?
Soft, strong, extra strong, for styling—there are various types of hair spray! How to find the right one for your hair? Here are our tips to help you make the right choice of hair spray.
Choosing the Right Hair Spray: Different Levels of Hold
Whether for short, medium, or long hair, for work or attending an event like a wedding or a birthday, we all have the need to use this product at some point. Hair spray, available in different hold levels, also varies according to the desired effect: shiny hair, XXL volume, protection against humidity.
It's up to you to choose what suits your hair type best. Note that choosing an inappropriate hair spray can result in the infamous "cardboard effect," with hair lacking in naturalness.
Among the different hair sprays, there are:
• Soft hair spray (also called normal hold, index 1 - 2), for a super natural look. It allows the hair to move freely and can be restyled during the day. It's perfectly suitable for fine hair, in particular.
• Strong hair spray (index 3 - 4), generally recommended for thicker hair, for straight hair with curls. It holds the style without overburdening it and is ideal for flexible, romantic, or fluffy hairstyles, braids, and looser hairstyles as it sets without being too strong.
• Extra strong hair spray (index 5 - 6), intended for more elaborate hairstyles that shouldn't move and have a long hold! Perfect for hairstyles for special occasions, strict styles, and more intricate updos. Be careful not to be heavy-handed during application to avoid overdoing it.
• Shiny hair spray, to be used as a finishing touch to make the hair shine and ensure the final touch of your hairstyle. Avoid using on oily hair.
• Volumizing hair spray (or texturizing) allows you to add volume and substance to fine or straight hair. Use it for brushing XXL volume or a shell effect on the top of the head.
Before buying your hair spray, think carefully about the intended use!
Tips for Usage
Spray a veil of product evenly about 30 cm over the entire hair, at the end of styling. Position the hair as desired, and you're ready!
To remove the hair spray at the end of the day, a gentle brush through the hair will remove any remaining residue and allow the scalp to breathe.